The State of Nebraska has a searchable database of state contracts active on and after January 1, 2014. All state contracts are included in the database, except for the following which are exempt from disclosure pursuant to Nebraska Revised Statute §84-602.02(3)(c):
- Contracts entered into by the Department of Health and Human Services that are letters of agreement for the purpose of providing specific services to a specifically named individual and his or her family;
- Contracts entered into by the University of Nebraska or any of the Nebraska state colleges for the purpose of providing specific services or financial assistance to a specifically named individual and his or her family;
- Contracts entered into by the Department of Veterans' Affairs under section 80-401 or 80-403 for the purpose of providing aid to a specifically named veteran and his or her family;
- Contracts entered into by the State Energy Office for the purpose of providing financing from the Dollar and Energy Saving Loan program; and
- Contracts of employment for employees of any agency, board, commission, or department of the state. The exemption provided in this subdivision shall not apply to contracts entered into by any agency, board, commission, or department of the state to obtain the services of an independent contractor.
In addition, the Nebraska Revised Statute §84-602.02(3)(b) requires that the following information must be redacted or withheld from these contracts:
- The social security number or federal tax identification number of any individual or business;
- Protected health information as such term is defined under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as such act existed on January 1, 2013;
- Any information which may be withheld from the public under section 84-712.05; and
- Any information that is confidential under state or federal law, rule, or regulation.
To view the state contracts, click here.